Friday 7 October 2011

the offshore merchant account

Merchant Accounts

What is a merchant Account?

A merchant account is the link between the merchant and the acquirer (payment processor). It allows the merchant to accept credit card payments, and the acquirer to deposit the funds directly into the merchant's business checking account.

Is a gateway essential if I'm selling online?

Everyone who does business online must use a gateway. It is the only accepted way to send secure transactions to a processor.

How quickly can I get a merchant account?

For Doku Merchant Account application, it usually takes 5-7 days to get a final approval, if your administration is completed correctly.

For Corporate Clients, our Bank Partners require more the 4 weeks to approve the application.

Set-up usually takes about 48 hours.

What if I'm a new business, can I get a merchant account?

Yes, we can set up accounts for new and existing businesses.

What if I only sell a small amount online? Can you help me?

YYes, follow the 5 steps set up process for Doku Merchant Account.

My service is highly specialized. I am not the normal retailer. Will that pose a problem?

We approve 98% of our merchants because we are not locked into just one processing bank, we have a number of different ways to get you approved.

Will my company name appear on my customerĂ¢€™s bill?

Your DBA (doing business as) name will appear on their bill for Corporate Merchants.

Dokupay name will appear on your customer bill along with our 24hours hotline telephone number.

Can I use DOKU even if I am based outside Indonesia?

You can only setup a merchant account in Indonesia, if have an Indonesian registered business address, NPWP and domestic bank account.

I have a number of different businesses. Can I use one merchant account for all of them?

No, Visa and MasterCard require each separate business to have its own separate merchant account.

I have a friend that has a merchant account. Can I use his instead of getting my own?

No, this is strictly against the Visa/MasterCard rules and regulations.